Thursday, February 02, 2006

Film: Memoirs of a Geisha

Went and saw Memoirs of a Geisha the other night. Was not a bad film, actually. Zhang Zi Yi is always good, though she does seem to have a limited number of different characters that she can play. They all blend together to me. Ken Watanabe was the standout character for me, but he has such amazing presence on the screen. He was the one saving grace for me when he was in The Last Samurai, and he certainly added a great deal to this film.

Anyway, the most annoying thing about this film wasn't the film itself, it was the annoying little sh*ts sitting behind us when we saw it. I have never had to do this before, but halfway through the film I had to turn around and ask them (and I quote) "would you shut up?". I dunno. I must be getting too old if that kind of thing is annoying me.

No comments: