Monday, January 09, 2006

Photos part 2

And now for part 2!
This is Gyeongbokgong palace, which was up until recently inhabited by the Korean royal family. I'm not sure why they don't still live there, but apparently the princess lived there until a few years back. Absolutely massive place. Story goes that the North Koreans were going to loot the place during the Korean war until the princess came outscreaming at them to stop. It sounded to me that they stopped more out of confusion about what they should be doing than anything else.

This is some of the many seafood restaurants in Jeju island. If you likeseafood, come here. Lots of seafood, quite cheap. Jeju island is also a honeymooners favourite, which brings me to the next photo...
Apparently honeymooners all come to this spot for a photo oppertunity. There is nothing here except some rocks, but hey. I think the tour group we were with thought we were honeymooning... Ah well, maybe next time. ;-)

This was the first falling snow we saw. It was in Jeju, and it fell for about 2 days straight. We didn't get much at our hotel, as it was close to the water, I think. Much more fell inland, where there is a mountain and is a lot cooler.

Part 3 coming shortly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here in my skirt and singlet top in 30 degree heat looking at a photo of the two of you all rugged up! :-P

Greg said...

hehehe 'tis cold, but quite good. Its not freezing, but it apparently gets quite cold when the siberian winds kick in, which will probably happen in a day or two... -5 or so, I think...