Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Archery

Hey all,

Dunno if many of you knew that I did archery once upon a time. Well, I've taken the sport back up again after a 15 year absence, mainly as a result of the largest Archery club in the state being nearby.

Anyway, I got a bow on the weekend, and went down to the club on tuesday night to try it out. Its only supposed to be 32lbs when at full draw, but I can definately say that was enough for me. Its a recurve bow, which of course makes it all a bit harder than it is with a compound bow. I only managed 3 ends before I was struggling to pull the darn thing back. Thankfully, the light was also fading, so I used that as an excuse to call it a night. I guess I need to start building up some strength in my back to pull this thing back. (For those who have never done archery, its your back muscles that are used to pull the bow back, not your arms. Its the same group of muscles you use when swimming)

No comments: